Game Development Specialist - GDS1
Offered at the Following Campus
The Introduction to Game Development Technical Certificate is designed to prepare students to work as entry level game developers. The student will be able to design and implement a game. Emphasis will be placed on development for the PC platform.
*This program is generally reserved for local area high schools only.
- Submit a completed application and application fee;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Present acceptable SAT or ACT scores taken within the last 60 months, or acceptable COMPASS or ASSET scores taken within the last 60 months. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
**This program qualifies for the Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant (SIWDG).** Please visit Georgia’s Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant for more information.
Occupational Courses (16 hours)
This course covers the history of the Video Game Industry and gives a hands on approach to the design methodologies used to create an interactive 2D and 3D video game. Topics include story and script development, storyboarding, character analysis and creation, interface and sound design and game documentation.
This course covers the design and creation of a 2D interactive game using the latest in industry standard. Topics include game development and concepts, sprite creation using .png and .giff formats, object placement and orientation, ActionScript, pseudocode and level and class design.
This course emphasizes the math skills needed in 2D game design. These skills include trigonometric properties, vectors, and motion in one dimension.
This course covers the design, creation and implementation of 2D and 3D elements as well as programming concepts into an interactive application. Topics include interface design, 3D object creation, game flow and scripting.
This course is an introduction to the creation and manipulation of 3D objects. Topics include 3D types and tools, 3D objects, and inverse kinematics.