Design and Media Production Specialist - DAM1
Offered at the Following Campus
The Design and Media Production Specialist TCC prepares students with basic design and media production skills, including those in vector graphics and raster imaging. Additionally, the program provides opportunities to upgrade present knowledge or skills. Graduates will receive a technical certificate of credit.
- Submit a completed application and application fee;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Present acceptable SAT or ACT scores taken within the last 60 months, or acceptable COMPASS or ASSET scores taken within the last 60 months. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
**This program qualifies for the Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant (SIWDG).** Please visit Georgia’s Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant for more information.
Occupational Courses (16 hours)
Covers the basics of computer terminology, operating systems, and input and output devices, file formatting, file management, and overview of software. Introduces students to the fundamentals of design concepts, including design, composition and layout, color theory and typography
This course is an introduction to the creation of vector imagery. Students will learn to draw illustrations, transform objects, work with layers, patterns, brushes, and filters, use effects and create graphics for the various applications. The focus will be on learning the essential tools, basic operation and commands used in the creation of vector graphics used in different media fields.
In the Raster Imaging course, the student becomes acquainted with the concepts and software related raster image manipulation. The student is introduced to the workspace and tools used in an image editing software and will learn basic image editing techniques.