Welcome to the ARC!
Advising and Registration for SPRING 2022 and SUMMER 2022 is OPEN until January 18! Advising and Registration will be closed January 19 – January 23. Advising and Registration for Spring 2022 and Summer 2022 will reopen on January 24.
Find your program on the right side of this page and make your ARC appointment in myNavigate TODAY! Complete your personalized To-Do list in myNavigate to make sure you are on track! NEW: Review your appointment summary in myNavigate after your advising session!
Students are assigned an ARC academic advisor based on their program of study; however, students may meet with any advisor on their home campus. ARC advisors work with students towards a goal of success at Wiregrass & timely graduation through a tailored, proactive case management process. All students must meet with an ARC advisor before registration each term. This is to help students stay on track to a timely graduation. We also encourage student to meet with their ARC advisor once or twice a semester to explore big picture questions and goals. Students with an active Academic Success Plan may need to meet with their ARC advisor at various times throughout the semester to fulfill the requirements of the Plan.
Students are also be assigned a Faculty Mentor based on their program of study. Faculty Mentors work with students towards a goal of career guidance through a high-level, one-on-one mentoring process.
ARC Advisors and Faculty Mentors work together so the student can have the best Wiregrass experience possible!
In support of the College’s mission, The ARC: An Advising and Retention Center for Students is dedicated to all aspects of student and institutional success by providing quality and proactive academic advising. The ARC promotes an atmosphere of student learning and success by maintaining professional values and commitments that support the greater good of the students, our colleagues, and the college. The ARC, through collaborative partnerships with faculty and other stakeholders and continued professional growth, is committed to assisting students with achieving their academic and career goals by providing advising, academic counseling, career guidance, and serving as a resource center for current and potential students.
Academic advising provides students with the opportunity to meet with an advisor for the purpose of gaining assistance in planning their educational career, in learning needed skills for academic success, and in learning how to access the variety of resources and services available to them on the campus. Academic advising is a partnership between a student and an academic advisor to develop meaningful educational goals and plans that are consistent with the student’s personal values, interests and abilities. This is a collaborative approach in which the student and the advisor have clear responsibilities for ensuring the advising partnership is successful.
Student Learning Outcomes for Academic Advising: As a result of actively participating in academic advising, students will:
- Understand program requirements, to include general education and occupational course requirements.
- Create an academic plan based on his or her goals and interests.
- Use advising technology to make advising appointments, register each semester, and communicate with advisor
- Utilize College resources and services to meet academic, personal, and career goals.
- Locate College policies and procedures regarding registration, academic standing, and student conduct.
- Identify where to find program requirements, admission policies, and registration policies.
- Understand and create an academic plan, to include semester course scheduling and registration.
- Recognize schedule limitations before registering for classes.
- Work with advisor as schedule changes, drops, withdraws are considered, before deadlines.
- Identify the services and resources offered by various departments on campus.
- Seek out services and resources as needed.
- Proactively complete FAFSA and Foundation Scholarship applications.
- Contact any member of ARC team via email, phone, in person, or text.
- Actively use advising technology.
- Make advising appointments in a timely manner.
- Be prepared for advising appointments.
- College and Program policies are subject to change. It is the student’s responsibility to check Wiregrass student email and the college website for corrections or updates to policies. Any changes will be posted on the College website.
Advisor Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Be knowledgeable about and ensure students understand advising technology, academic programs, college policies and procedures, and graduation requirements.
- Encourage and guide students to develop and pursue their goals and create an academic plan through graduation.
- Refer students to appropriate campus resources.
- Be accessible via phone, email, and by appointment and respond to students in a timely way.
- Follow through on actions promised to students.
- Recommend appropriate classes and describe catalog of record and other tools/resources to
- Assist students in course selection and registration.
- Collaborate with program faculty to ensure a smooth transition to the faculty advisor.
For more information,
call 229-333-2100 ext. 2464
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment options include: WebEx Video, WebEx Phone Conference, or On-Campus. View appointment instructions.
One-Stop Coach Assignments
Coaches are assigned programs, regardless of campus. Coaches are responsible for the tracking and outreach of all students in their assigned programs. Students can see the identified campus support coach for in-person appointments if their One-Stop Coach is not on their home campus.
Business and Computer Science
- Accounting and Business Programs – Faith Spencer (CFE) Faith.email@example.com Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/xvSGGN4TM
- Computer Science and HIT Programs – Khafra Mills (VLD) Khafra.firstname.lastname@example.org Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/gnEKLIDVH7
- BHI Campus Support – Christine Cook; CFE Campus Support – Faith Spencer; VLD Campus Support – Khafra Mills; Cook Campus Support – Jennifer Washington
- Dental Programs, Technical Specialist, Opticianry, Pharmacy, Radiologic Tech Asst, and Surgical Tech – Camillia Bryant (VLD) Camillia.email@example.com Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/bvU0aw9FfC
- Adv Pt Care Asst (LPN Track), Medical Assisting, and Medical Receptionist – Christine Cook (BHI) Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/neKy03a027
- Neuromuscular Massage Therapy – Nathan Metzner (VLD Temporary) Nathan.email@example.com Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/EzD62BXyoh
- Nursing Tech (ASN Track), Interdisciplinary Studies, and Occupational Studies – Kayla Zackery (VLD Temporary) Kayla.firstname.lastname@example.org Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/kzw2TkUpZS
- Nurse Aid and Patience Care Asst (CNA Track), Paramedicine, Emer Medical PreParamedic, Phlebotomy – Manisha Patel (CFE) Manisha.email@example.com Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/xChRnMbQSI
- BHI Campus Support – Christine Cook; CFE Campus Support – Manisha Patel; VLD Campus Support – Kayla Zackery; Cook Campus Support – Jennifer Washington
- Barbering, Cosmetology, and Esthetics – Kayla Zackery (VLD Temporary) Kayla.firstname.lastname@example.org Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/kzw2TkUpZS
- Criminal Justice and Fire Science– Manisha Patel (CFE) Manisha.email@example.com Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/xChRnMbQSI
- Culinary Arts, Early Childhood, Education, and General Studies – Nathan Metzner (VLD Temporary) Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/EzD62BXyoh
- BHI Campus Support – Christine Cook; CFE Campus Support – Manisha Patel; VLD Campus Support – Kayla Zakcery; Cook Campus Support – Jennifer Washington
Technical and Industrial
- Commercial Truck Driving – Nathan Metzner (VLD ) Nathan.email@example.com Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/EzD62BXyoh
- Diesel, Horticulture, and Welding – Mary Clark (BHI) Mary.firstname.lastname@example.org Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/B4Z-KqiJUj
- All other T&I Programs – Roy Warren (BHI) Roy.email@example.com Appt Link: https://wiregrass.campus.eab.com/pal/sjXiMJOxAE
- BHI Campus Support – Christine Cook; CFE Campus Support – Faith Spencer; VLD Campus Support – Nathan Metzner; Cook Campus Support – Jennifer Washington
- Consider career and educational goals
- Schedule a Career Scope examination through the testing center if unsure
- Complete To-Do items in my Navigate; to include but not limited to:
- Complete FAFSA for the current year
- Complete the Major Explorer
- Identify schedule limitations and preferences
- Opt-in to needed resources (i.e. VA, Special Pops)
- Sign up for New Student Orientation
- Review information on myCampus and ARC web pages
- Sign into myEmail
- Download Navigate Student and Wiregrass Mobile phone apps
- Sign up to receive myConnect alerts
- Obtain student ID and parking decal
- Check myNavigate and academic calendar for advising, registration, and semester start date
- Make Early Advise appointment
- Discuss academic and career goals with advisor
- Review program requirements and create advisor-guided academic plan
- Complete Blackboard Orientation if taking an online or hybrid class
- Check myEmail and myBlackboard on a regular basis
- Respond to advising campaigns
- Complete To-Do items in myNavigate
- Check with Financial Aid and make arrangements to pay balance in full by the first day of the semester
- Apply for Foundation Scholarships
- Clear all registration holds
- Register and pay for classes
- Purchase textbooks and supplies
- Review the Code of Conduct and academic policies
- Seek assistance from advisors, instructors, tutors, and other college resources as needed
- GO TO CLASS REGULARLY!
- See advisor for degree audit
- Register for final semester
- Apply for graduation - you must apply for graduation even if you do not plan to participate in the commencement ceremony
- Wiregrass Student Information Sheet
- Tell us how we are doing!
- Sign up for New Student Orientation
- View the Academic Calendar
- Prepare for next semester by viewing the Class Schedule or myNavigate
- See what we offer with Tutoring
- Apply for a Foundation Scholarship
Berrien Hall, Room 101
Room 628 A
Berrien Hall, Room 100