Advanced Patient Care Assistant - AN71 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: Prepares students with rigorous classroom training and practice as well as the clinical experiences to perform a full range of patient care duties or services under nursing or medical direction. This includes taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, assisting with activities of daily living, observing and charting patient information, and reporting appropriate information to supervisors. Includes Math, English and Pharmacology courses.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
Additional Program Requirements:
- American Heart Association Provider CPR Certification, physical examination, up-to-date immunizations, criminal background check and drug screen required prior to start of clinical rotation.
Gainful Employment Information
|General Core Courses||9|
|ENGL 1010 Fundamentals of English I||3|
|MATH 1012 Foundations of Mathematics||3|
|PSYC 1010 Basic Psychology||3|
|ALHS 1011 Structure and Function of the Human Body||5|
|ALHS 1060 Diet and Nutrition for Allied Health Sciences||2|
|ALHS 1090 Medical Terminology for Allied Health Sciences||2|
|NAST 1100 Nurse Aide Fundamentals||6|
|PNSG 2010 Intro. to Pharmacology and Clinical Calculations||2|
- Allied Health
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.