Dental Office Aide - DF11 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Dental Office Aide technical certificate of credit program prepares students to work in a dental office or clinic. This technical certificate of credit will provide high school students with the necessary skills needed to perform a wide range of tasks, including reception, record keeping, patient interactions and appointment scheduling in the dental office setting. Upon successful completion and earning a high school diploma, students can complete three core courses and earn the Dental Office Assistant Technical Certificate of Credit, which is an application requirement for admission into the Dental Assisting Diploma program.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|ALHS 1011 Structure and Function of the Human Body||5|
|ALHS 1040 Introduction to Health Care||3|
|ALHS 1090 Medical Terminology for Allied Health Sciences||2|
|MAST 1060 Medical Office Procedures||4|
|Choose One of the Following (1 Hours)||1|
|DENA 1000 Introduction to the Dental Practice||1|
|DENA 1010 Basic Human Biology||1|
- Allied Health
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.