Eyewear Dispensing Specialist - EDS1 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Eyewear Dispensing Specialist Technical Certificate of Credit is a short-term program designed to provide the basic knowledge and skills needed to gain employment as an eyewear dispensing specialist. The program also provides the opportunity for individuals in the optical field to obtain formal education in a specialized area.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|OPHD 1010 Introduction to Ophthalmic Optics||3|
|OPHD 1020 Eye Anatomy and Physiology||3|
|OPHD 1060 Optical Laboratory Technique I||6|
|OPHD 1070 Optical Laboratory Technique II||6|
|OPHD 2120 Lens Selection||6|
|OPHD 2090 Frame Selection||5|
Faculty & Staff
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.