Hotel/Restaurant/Tourism Management - HM12 Diploma
Program Description: We are no longer accepting students into this program.
The Hotel/Restaurant/Tourism Management program prepares students for employment in a variety of positions in today's Hotel/Restaurant/Tourism management fields. The Hotel/Restaurant/Tourism Management program provides learning opportunities which introduce, develop, and reinforce academic and occupational knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. Additionally, the program provides opportunities to upgrade present knowledge and skills or to retrain in the area of Hotel/Restaurant/Tourism management. Graduates of the program receive a Hotel/Restaurant/Tourism Management Diploma.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|General Core Courses||8|
|ENGL 1010 Fundamentals of English I||3|
|MATH 1012 Foundations of Mathematics||3|
|EMPL 1000 Interpersonal Relations & Professional Development||2|
|COMP 2000 Intro. to Technology and Computer Application||3|
|HRTM 1100 Intro. to Hotel/Restaurant/Tourism Management||3|
|HRTM 1110 Travel Industry and Travel Geography||3|
|HRTM 1140 Hotel Operations Management||3|
|HRTM 1150 Event Planning||3|
|HRTM 1160 Food and Beverage Management||3|
|HRTM 1201 Hospitality Marketing||3|
|HRTM 1210 Hospitality Law||3|
|HRTM 1220 Supervision/Leadership in the Hospitality Industry||3|
|HRTM 1230 Internship||3|
|XXXX xxxx Occupational Electives (6 Hours)||6|
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.