Logistics Specialist - LS21 Technical Certificate of Credit
The Logistics certificate program is a sequence of courses that are designed to prepare students for employment in the field of logistics. The program combines specific occupational courses in the area of logistics which are designed to provide an overview of the logistical process, purchasing, material management, and product life cycle management.
**WGTC is not accepting students into this program at this time.**
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores
This program is a HOPE Career Grant eligible program for students who are HOPE Grant eligible. The Career Grant award is a fixed amount per semester based on the number of credit hours taken. Maximum award per term is $500.
|LOGI 1000Business Logistics
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 3 Lab 2 - 0 Lab 3 - 0 Prerequisite: Program Admission Corequisite: None Provides a general knowledge of current management practices in logistics management. The focuses of the course will be on planning, organizing, and controlling of these activities, key elements for successful management in any organization. The course will also introduce student to Transport, Inventory, and Location strategies, Customer Service Goals and Organization and Control.
|LOGI 1015Purchasing and Materials Management
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 3 Lab 2 - 0 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): Program Admission Co-requisite(s): None This course will introduce students to Materials Management and Purchasing fundamentals by learning the purchasing cycle, establishing material requirements, selecting suppliers, price determination, planning production process, master scheduling, material requirements, and forecasting material demands and inventory levels. This course is designed to build on the students knowledge of supply chains and how effective purchasing and material management improves supply chain performance.
|LOGI 1030Product Lifecycle Management
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 3 Lab 2 - 0 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None The core of product lifecycle management is the creation, preservation and storage of data relating to an organizations products and activities to ensure its available for daily operations. Students will learn that effective product lifecycle management is an essential tool for coping with the demanding global competition and ever-shortening product and component life cycles.
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.