Small Business Ownership - SBO1 Technical Certificate of Credit
This technical certificate was designed to offer the needed support to small business owners and potential small business owners by teaching the skills to operate a successful business. It will provide an overview of activities that are involved in planning, establishing, and managing a small business.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|ACCT 1140Small Business Accounting
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 2 Lab 2 - 2 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): Program Admission Co-requisite(s): None Introduces the basic concepts of the complete accounting cycle and provides the student with the necessary skills to maintain a set of books for a sole proprietorship. Topics include: accounting vocabulary and concepts, the accounting cycle and accounting for a personal service business, the accounting cycle and accounting for a merchandising enterprise, and cash control. Laboratory work demonstrates theory presented in class.
|MKTG 2010Small Business Management
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 3 Lab 2 - 0 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None This course introduces competencies required in managing a small business. Topics include: nature of small business management, business management and organizational change, marketing strategies, employee relations, financial planning, and business assessment and growth.
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 6 Lab 2 - 0 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): Program Admission Co-requisite(s): None This course provides an overview of the steps in establishing a business. A formal business will be created. Topics include planning, location analysis, financing, developing a business plan, and entrepreneurial ethics and social responsibility.
|ACCT 1145Small Business Accounting and Finance
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 2 Lab 2 - 2 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): Program Admission Co-requisite(s): None Applies the basic principles of accounting to specific account classifications and emphasizes a fundamental understanding of cash flows and analysis of financial statements. Topics include: receivables, plant assets, payables, preparation of sales tax returns, creating a statement of cash flows, and analysis and interpretation of financial statements. Laboratory work demonstrates theory presented in class.
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.