Elementary Education Certification Only Program
For teachers certified in other area(s) but wanting to add ECE certification, only taking the GACE Content for Early Childhood is no longer an option. Our GaTAPP ECCE Technical Certificate of Credit (GEC1), along with our GaTAPP ECE Certification Only Program, fulfills all requirements determined by GaPSC.
Want to add Early Childhood Education/Elementary to your teaching certificate?
- Must be currently certified teacher in Georgia
- Must be in an Elementary teacher position; will complete certification while teaching
- Pass GACE 001 and 002 at induction level or higher
- Will take 27 semester credit hours of ECCE courses at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College over the course of a year – available online
- Will complete Saturday Seminars as required (in TAPP portion of program)
- Will receive supervised visits in your Elementary classroom
- This program meets Georgia Professional Standards Commission certification requirements
For more information, email Joy Ellenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to Apply for the GaTAPP ECE/Elementary Education Add-On Program
- Complete and submit GaTAPP online application (NO applications will be processed until payment is submitted. Click to submit Application Fees.)
- Provide OFFICIAL copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended – mail or escript email to Joy Ellenberg)
- Provide copy of GACE 001 and 002 Score Reports
- Provide copy of current resume
- Provide two (2) Letters of Professional Reference (from someone other than a relative)
- Provide a copy of your current teaching certificate
- Provide a completed Pledge of Commitment – signed by Building Principal, Personnel Director and Mentor (if assigned). A separate MOU, which details roles and responsibilities for Candidate Support Team members, will be given to you once you begin the TAPP portion of the program (after all ECCE coursework is completed). This Pledge includes the understanding that the Building Principal will need to assign an administrator and an exemplar teacher to be mentor, who holds a professional certification in the same certification area as the teacher candidate.
- Pay $50 GaTAPP application fee (effective January 1, 2020) to be applied towards tuition once you begin the TAPP portion of the program. ECE Tuition Agreement
Send all documentation to:
TCSG at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
c/o Joy Ellenberg, GaTAPP Support Services
4089 Val Tech Road
Valdosta, GA 31302
Escripts may be addressed to: email@example.com
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Joy Ellenberg, GaTAPP Support Services at 229-333-2100 ext. 1367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Program and GaPSC policies and requirements are subject to change. The most current information will be provided on the first day of training of the GaTAPP portion each year.***