Statement of Equal Opportunity
Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (WGTC) abides by the Technical College System of Georgia’s Policy 2.1.1. Statement of Equal Opportunity. The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent technical colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all TCSG and technical college-administered programs, federally financed programs, educational programs and activities involving admissions, scholarships and loans, student life and athletics. It also applies to the recruitment and employment of personnel and the contracting for goods and services. To review in its entirety, please access the TCSG Policy Manual and reference the corresponding policy and subsequent procedures.
All work and campus environments shall be free from unlawful forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation as outlined under Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, Executive Order 11246, as amended, the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, the Equal Pay Act, Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009, the Georgia Fair Employment Act of 1978, as amended, the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 (WIOA) and other related mandates under TCSG Policy, federal or state statutes.
TCSG and the technical colleges are expected to promote the full realization of equal opportunity through affirmative and continuing practices. TCSG and each technical college shall develop procedures for implementing this policy and for addressing employee and student complaints of unlawful discrimination for all work units and colleges, as mandated by federal compliance guidelines.
Any violation or questions may be directed to any member of the Campus Equity & Compliance Team as listed below:
- Shalonda Sanders, Title IX Coordinator (all campuses), Associate Vice President for Human Resources, Valdosta Campus, Brooks Hall, Human Resources Suite, or call (229) 333-5356, or email email@example.com;
- Katrina Royal, Student ADA & Section 504 Coordinator (all campuses), Director of Testing and Special Populations, Valdosta Campus, Berrien Hall, Room 107, or call (229) 333-2100 ext. 1236, or email firstname.lastname@example.org (student ADA & student disability claims only);
- Marc Dame, Title IX Designee/Investigator, Special Populations Coordinator, Ben Hill-Irwin Campus, Charles Harris Learning Center, Room 634, or call (229) 468-2242, or email email@example.com;
- April McDuffie, Title IX Designee/Investigator, Associate Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness, Ben Hill-Irwin Campus, Dorminy-Mixon Hall, Room 8102B, or call (229) 468-2103 ext 4103, or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Meredith Moon, Title IX Designee/Investigator, Director of Human Resources and Employer Services, Valdosta Campus, Brooks Hall, Human Resources Suite, or call (229) 333-5356, or email email@example.com;
- Yolanda Woodall, Title IX Designee/Investigator, Assistant Director for Human Resources & Career Services Coordinator, Ben Hill-Irwin Campus, Charles Harris Learning Center, Room 630C, (229) 333-5356, or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Keren Wynn, Title IX Designee/Investigator, Vice President for Administrative Services, Valdosta Campus, Berrien Hall, Room 325, or call (229) 333-2103, or email email@example.com;
Telephone numbers are accessible to persons who are deaf or hard of hearing through the Georgia Relay by dialing 711 or 1-800-255-0056 from a TTY/TDD. You may also email the entire team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may visit our webpage at Wiregrass Campus Equity and Compliance.