Statement of Equal Opportunity
Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (WGTC) abides by the Technical College System of Georgia’s Policy 2.1.1. Statement of Equal Opportunity. The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent technical colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System and Technical Colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices designed to ensure the full realization of equal opportunity.
Any violation or questions may be directed to any member of the Campus Equity & Compliance Team:
- Shalonda Sanders, Title IX Coordinator (all campuses), Associate Vice President for Human Resources, Valdosta Campus, Brooks Hall, Room 547, or call (229) 333-5356, or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Katrina Royal, Student ADA & Section 504 Coordinator (all campuses), Director of Testing and Special Populations, Valdosta Campus, Berrien Hall, Room 107, or call (229) 333-2100 ext. 1236, or email email@example.com (student ADA & student disability claims only);
- Sabrina Cox, Title IX Designee/Investigator, Executive Director of Distance Education, Coffee Campus, Coffee Hall, Room 2-133, or call (229) 468-2022, or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- April McDuffie, Title IX Designee/Investigator, Associate Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness, Ben Hill-Irwin Campus, Dorminy-Mixon Hall, Room 8102B, or call (229) 468-2103 ext 4103, or email email@example.com;
- Yolanda Woodall, Title IX Designee/Investigator, Human Resources & Career Services Coordinator, Ben Hill-Irwin Campus, Charles Harris Learning Center, Room 630C (229) 333-5356, or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Keren Wynn, Title IX Designee/Investigator, Vice President for Administrative Services, Valdosta Campus, Room 325, or call (229) 333-2103, or email email@example.com;
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone numbers are accessible to persons who are deaf or hard of hearing through the Georgia Relay by dialing 711 or 800-255-0056 from a TTY/TDD.