Welcome to Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. We are excited you have chosen us to be your host school! A transient student is one who has been or is regularly enrolled at another institution, who expects to return to that institution, but who desires to enroll temporarily at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College.
Please see our FAQ page or email email@example.com with any questions.
Step One – WGTC Application and Application Fee
Submit a completed application to the One-Stop Enrollment and Success Center. Pay a one-time, $25 non-refundable application fee.
- Apply Online – Must complete BOTH of the following:
- Complete Online Application
- Complete Online Signature page
- Paper Application – Must complete and submit to One-Stop Enrollment and Success Center:
- Download/Print Paper Application
Step Two – Transient Letter from Home Institution
Submit a transient letter from the proper official of the home school institution giving the student permission to enroll at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. The transient letter must state which course(s) the student will be taking at WGTC and that the student is in good academic standing.
Transient letters can be mailed to an address below, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (229) 333-2153.
International Students Only: Present a letter from the parent institution certifying that the parent institutions will retain responsibility for the issuance of the I-20 form during the transient semester(s) for International, F-1, and M-1 Visa students.
After Completion of Coursework
- Credit earned at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is not automatically forwarded to the second institution. An official transcript must be requested through the Office of the Registrar.
- Transient students desiring to continue enrollment as transfer students must reapply for admission and satisfactorily complete all transfer requirements.
WGTC Students Requesting Transient Status
Student desiring to be a transient student from Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (home college) to a College within the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) system (host college) must apply for transiency through Georgia Virtual Technical Connection (GVTC), https://gvtc.tcsg.edu/. Once the application is submitted, it is reviewed by GVTC and an e-mail is submitted to Office of the Registrar for reviewing and processing. An e-mail notification is sent to the student. Students desiring to be a Transient student from Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (home college) to a College outside the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) system must complete and submit a Transient Request Form to the Office of the Registrar. Once the application is submitted, it is reviewed and approved/denied by the Registrar.