Frequently Asked Questions About the Application, Enrollment, and Advising Process

Below are questions that we are frequently asked during the application process. We hope these are helpful to you!

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact your friendly One-Stop Advisor.

You are responsible for requesting transcripts from your former school. Transcript requests should be submitted by using your former school's online process. See your previous school’s website for more information.
Typically, courses taken at colleges accredited by an agency TCSG recognizes will transfer. There is no time limit on general education courses. Occupational courses taken within the last 120 months (10 years) will also, more than likely, transfer. Students must have received a grade of “C” or better before the courses can be considered for transfer credit. Definitive answers cannot be given until WGTC has received the official transcript.
It depends. Students must provide official high school transcripts unless they have successfully completed (with a C or better) more than 30 semester hours at the degree level or 45 quarter hours at the degree level (diploma or certificate level hours will not count in high school transcript exemption).
No. As of Summer Semester 2022, Wiregrass no longer requires official transcripts for admission to our college.
Yes. Students may apply for the GED Step-Up program upon completion of two parts of the GED test and obtaining regular admission scores on the ACCUPLACER entrance exam. Students must see the Adult Education Transition Specialist before applying.
Yes. You must request an official GED transcript be sent to Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. The GED exam is offered at WGTC, but the scores are property of the Technical College System of Georgia. Transcripts may be requested online. Please keep your email receipt or money order stub as proof of your request in case there is a delay in processing.

It depends. WGTC is allowed to accept high school diplomas and high school equivalents awarded through schools that are accredited by one of the following agencies:

  • Regional accrediting agencies which include:
    • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
    • New England Association of Schools and Colleges
    • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools/Council on Accreditation and School Improvement
    • Northwest Accreditation Commission
    • Western Association of Schools and Colleges
    • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/Council on Accreditation and School Improvement
  • Georgia Accrediting Commission
  • Georgia Association of Christian Schools
  • Association of Christian Schools International
  • Georgia Private School Accreditation Council
  • Accrediting Commission for Independent Study (note: ACIS merged with the Georgia Accrediting Commission in 2005)
  • Southern Association of Independent Schools
  • Florida Coalition of Christian Private Schools Accreditation
  • Florida Council of Independent Schools
  • South Carolina Independent School Association
  • Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
  • Distance Education Training Council
  • Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools
  • Florida Council of Private Schools
  • Alabama Independent School Association
  • National Council for Private School Accreditation
  • North American Christian School Accrediting Agency
  • Tennessee Association of Christian Schools

TCSG will accept a high school diploma from a public school that is not accredited by one of the above agencies but is regulated by a school system and state department of education.

**The name of the accrediting agency must match exactly one of the agencies above. Many accrediting agencies have similar names, but we are only allowed to accept the ones listed above.

ACCUPLACER is a placement exam used to determine your strengths in the areas of Reading Comprehension, Sentence Skills (English), Arithmetic (Math), and Elementary Algebra. If you do not make the required ACCUPLACER scores to enter your program, you may be required to perform Short Term Remediation, take a Learning Support class, or do some refresher work in our Adult Education Department. Rarely does the ACCUPLACER exam completely exclude a student from enrolling in classes at WGTC. We encourage every student to seek pre-test assistance prior to taking the ACCUPLACER exam through the WGTC Testing web page.
Additional Georgia residency documentation may be required in addition to Lawful presence for you to receive in-state tuition. Documentation must prove the student and/or parent lived in Georgia for the past 12 consecutive months. Proving residency may require more than one of the items listed below.
Maybe. The One-Stop Enrollment and Success Center will let you know if documentation is needed. Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is responsible for the verification of the lawful presence in the United States of all applicants for admission or re-admission, who are seeking in-state or out-of-state resident tuition status, as required by state and federal immigration laws [O.C.G.A. §50-36-2].
No. Students may have to be a resident of Georgia for 24 months if they were not a Georgia resident at the time of their high school graduation. The Financial Aid Office will determine your eligibility.
Submit a government-issued ID or driver’s license for proof of lawful presence. Active-duty members and/or their dependents need to provide military orders showing where they are stationed. This is required for both residency/tuition rates and financial aid. Separated active-duty military members need to provide Form DD214; they will have three years to establish residency from the date of separation listed on that form.
Instate students are charged tuition at $100 per credit hour. Fees for most students are $376 per semester. Out-of-state students pay double tuition, and international students pay four times tuition.

Students enrolled in the Commercial Truck Driving program follow a different tuition and fee schedule. Information about the cost of that program can be obtained through the One-Stop Enrollment and Success Center.
WGTC offers the following forms of Financial Aid: HOPE Grant and Scholarship, Zell Miller Grant and Scholarship, PELL Grant, HOPE Career Grant, Nelnet Payment Plan, Private Student Loans, and various scholarships located on the Grants and Scholarships page of the WGTC website. To find out more information about these programs, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 229-333-2107, or go to
These questions will need to be addressed to the Financial Aid Office since this differs for every student.
The campus bookstore can give you information on the cost of the textbooks needed for your classes. We encourage you to research and find the best price on the books that you need. If you purchase your textbooks from sources other than the college bookstore, please make certain that you get the book with the correct ISBN number as textbook editions are typically very different.

Students who receive financial aid usually use a part of their award to pay for their textbooks. There are cases, however, where students have to pay out-of-pocket for necessary books and supplies.
Having access to a computer is required in most programs. Each WGTC campus has computer labs and libraries with computers that students can use to complete their course assignments if they do not have their own computers.