Spring Semester Applications will be reviewed based on the revised admissions procedures in response to COVID19.
Priority Dates for Completing Financial Aid Applications
- Summer Semester 2021: April 19, 2021
- Select the 2020-2021 FAFSA and use 2018 taxed and untaxed income and/or benefits
- Fall Semester 2021: July 14th, 2021
- Select the 2021-2022 FAFSA and use 2019 taxed and untaxed income and/or benefits
Apply early! At least 4 to 6 weeks before the semester that you plan to enroll.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.gov/. Wiregrass School Code: 005256 (for all campus locations).
- Create an FAFSA User ID and password which is called an FSA ID.
- All students will create an FSA ID on your first visit to the FAFSA website. Please make a note of your user ID and password, as you will need this information each time you login.
- For dependent students, both the student and a parent need an FSA ID to electronically complete and sign the FAFSA.
- If you already have an FSA ID but have lost the information, choose “Manage My FSA ID” and select “Forgot My Username” or “Forgot My Password.” You will be required to reset your Password.
- NOTE: If you use the Challenge Question option to reset your password, you must wait 30 minutes before using the new password.
- QUICK TIP: Add your cell phone number for quicker retrieval of your Username and to reset of your password.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT)
- If you are asked if you’d like to populate your FAFSA with your IRS data from your taxes, USE THIS OPTION. The DRT is the preferred method for entering tax data; and, use of the DRT greatly decreases processing time during the Verification Process by the Financial Aid Office for applicants selected by the Department of Education.
- This can reduce the time needed to complete your financial aid award determination.
- There are some instances when the IRS DRT option will not be available. In these instances, you must manually enter your income data.
B. The FAFSA must be renewed once each year and is available on October 1.
- You should select the Renewal FAFSA if you have a completed FAFSA for the previous year. The Renewal FAFSA will pre-populate some of your information.
- The FAFSA uses income information from two years back.
- FAFSA results are sent to the applicant through an online Student Aid Report (SAR) or by mail; as well as, electronically to the college(s) whose school code is on the FAFSA.
Help is available at each campus location and by phone at 229-333-2107. Help is also available by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or online at https://studentaid.gov/help-center/contact.
D. Applicants who are unable to or who do not wish to complete the FAFSA may apply for state financial aid by completing the Georgia Student Financial Aid Application (GSFAPP) online at https://www.gafutures.org/. The FAFSA is required for students applying for the Student Access Loan (SAL) administered through the Georgia Student Finance Authority (GSFA). Unlike the GSFAPP, the FAFSA considers federal and state financial aid opportunities for students. The FAFSA is the preferred application for applicants attending Wiregrass Georgia Technical College.
Step 2 Check Your Status at MyBanWeb
- Allow 5 to 7 days for your FAFSA application to process.
- Login to your MyBanWeb account.
- Click on Student Services & Financial Aid and select Financial Aid.
- Scroll down and click on My Overall Status of Financial Aid and select the current FAFSA aid year and submit
- Click on My Eligibility and select Student Requirements. Here you may view the status of your financial aid application and check to see if you have been selected for a process called verification.
- If selected, you will see “VERIFY” and will be notified by e-mail to create a “Verify my FAFSA Account” to review your task list to determine what items are needed to complete verification.
- Once your account is created, your WGTC login credentials can be used. If you are dependent student, your parent will also be prompted to create an account to electronically sign your documents.
- You may scan or snap a picture of your documents with your phone. Ensure each document is legible and complete. Then, you are ready to upload your item through the verification portal. Once all your items are satisfied, each task will have a check mark next to it.