Transfer Students

Wiregrass Tech welcomes students who have previously attended other colleges or universities. If you have ever attempted college courses at another institution, you are a considered a transfer student and would need to complete the simple steps below:

  1. Complete the application for admission and pay the $25 non-refundable application fee.
  2. Submit an official copy of your high school or high school equivalency transcript. Transfer applicants who submit an official transcript from a regionally accredited college or university that shows one of the following does not need to submit their high school transcript:
    1. Completion of an associate degree or higher do not need to submit their high school transcript.
    2. Completion of 12 semester or 18 quarter credit hours of coursework.
    3. Completion of degree-level math and English course.
  3. Submit proof of lawful presence to qualify for in-state tuition. View the list of acceptable lawful presence documents to learn more.

Helpful Hints

Postsecondary Education transcripts are no longer required as of Summer Semester 2022; however, to receive transfer credit, students must submit official previously attended colleges and universities in which transfer credit is requested.

A transcript is official if it is delivered to Wiregrass Tech (by mail or in person) in the same sealed envelope it was placed in by the issuing institution. Transcripts can also be sent using an approved, secure electronic transcript sending service. Approved electronic transcript sending services can send official secure transcripts to

Students who attended college outside the U.S. are required to have transcripts sent to an approved evaluation agency.

More questions?

Apply to Wiregrass
Submit Application Documents
Apply for Financial Aid
Schedule Advising Appointment
Register for Classes
Pay Tuition & Fees
Apply for Graduation
View Important Dates and Academic Calendar