For graduation questions or concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your program completion is near and it’s time to apply for graduation. The staff at Wiregrass is proud of your accomplishments and welcome this opportunity to assist you in achieving your educational and career goals. Applying for graduation is the first step.
Students must apply for graduation to be awarded and for graduation status to be indicated on academic transcript. Commencement Ceremony participation is optional. If you would like to participate in Commencement exercises, please see the Commencement Ceremony Deadlines below.
To apply for graduation, click to complete the ONLINE Graduation Application. Individual forms and documents may be found under “Graduation Documents” at the bottom of this page.
AWARD PICK UP: Beginning Fall 2021, degrees, diplomas and technical certiﬁcates will be processed by Parchment Services. Students will receive an email on January 20, 2022 from Parchment to confirm their credential. Awards for late applicants may not be immediately available. Please check your student email on January 20, 2022 for conﬁrmation that your credential is being processed. Contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Requirements to Graduate
In order to be eligible for a degree, diploma, or technical certificate of credit, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Complete the ONLINE Graduation Application form. Submit the form when you are advised for your final semester of classes. Students will only receive their degree, diploma, or technical certificate of credit if they fill out the Graduation Application and turn in to the Office of the Registrar as outlined above.
- Complete all occupational courses with a “C” or better within the last 120 months.
- Meet the required credit hours required by the department and catalog curriculum in effect the semester you were admitted into program.
Students who have a break in enrollment will be entered under a new catalog term. Course substitutions or waivers must be approved by the Program Coordinator or Academic Dean of the course area.
- Have a cumulative Graduation Grade Point Average (GGPA) of 2.0 in your program.
Please Note: Graduation GPA is calculated using final grades. Your honor status for commencement will reflect all of your final grades at the time of commencement and may not reflect expected semester final grades, grade changes or IPs. Transient grades and transfer credit do not affect your grade point average but may be required to graduate. Students who have a Graduation GPA (average of all courses specifically applied toward your graduation for the major) or at least 3.5 will graduate with honors.
- Have an academic standing that is not Academic Dismissal.
- Complete at least 25% of program credit hours at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College.
- Satisfy all financial obligations to the College and reconcile any holds.
- Complete the Follow-Up Survey & Evaluation Questionnaire at the end of the Graduation Form.
Beginning Fall Semester 2021, Wiregrass Georgia Technical College will charge a $40.00 non-refundable Graduation Fee to graduate candidates and, if you apply early, the fee can be paid with your financial aid award! The fee will be applied once per individual program and will cover the cost of participating in the Commencement Ceremony and the new Parchment Graduation Services. Dual Enrollment students will not be charged, unless they elect to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
Commencement Ceremony Deadlines
Students choosing to participate in the Commencement Ceremony must complete the Commencement Participation section on the Graduation Form. Dual Enrollment students must complete the Commencement Participation form with the bookstore and pay the participation fee.
Deadlines for Commencement participation forms are as follows:
- Spring Graduates – Thursday, March 17, 2022
- Summer Graduates – Thursday, May 26, 2022
- GED Graduates – Thursday, June 09, 2022
Applications received after the Commencement Ceremony Deadline date for your last semester may not be listed in the commencement program. Late applicants may also experience a delay in receiving their degree, diploma, or technical certificate of credit.
Upcoming Commencement Ceremonies
Spring and Summer Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, July 14, 2022
10:00 AM - GED and Credit Programs
John Hunt Auditorium
UGA Conference Center
15 RDC Road
Tifton, GA 31793
Monitor your student email for updates. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
December 15, 2022