As a student enrolling in college courses, you assume the financial and academic responsibility to properly withdraw from your courses if you decide not to complete them. You have the privilege of dropping a course during the first three instructional days of each semester through your myBanWeb account, without the drop becoming part of your permanent academic record and without it affecting your financial aid. However, any amount charged against Pell or HOPE in the bookstore will be owed back to the college. If you withdraw from a class from the fourth instructional day of the term through 60% of the term, you will receive a grade of W. If you withdraw after the published withdrawal date (60% of the term) a grade of F will be assigned. The specific deadline dates for withdrawal are published on the Wiregrass’ home website page, under Academic Calendar, as well as in your myBanWeb account.

You should be aware that withdrawals may result in a loss of financial aid and that failing to properly withdraw from a course will result in your receiving a failing grade (F) for that course.

Withdrawal from Individual Courses
If you wish to withdraw from a course, but plan to stay enrolled in other courses, submit a Withdrawal Form through your myBanWeb account, listing the courses you wish to withdraw from. If you are unsure whether withdrawing from the course is your only option, please speak with your instructor and/or the One-Stop Enrollment and Success Center staff prior to submitting your withdrawal form. Also, please check with the Financial Aid Office for clarification on how a partial withdrawal may affect your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).

Complete Withdrawal from School
Wiregrass Georgia Tech realizes that sometimes students have no alternative but to leave school for legitimate reasons. Students wanting to totally withdraw should initiate the process by completing the form through their myBanWeb account.

Below are the steps you should follow for an official withdrawal:

  1. Speak with your One-Stop Enrollment and Success Center Advisor.
  2. Meet with the Financial Aid Office to see how the withdrawal will affect your current and future financial aid awards.
  3. If you still feel the need to withdraw from school completely, submit a Withdrawal Form from your myBanWeb account.