Fire Officer I - FF31 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Fire Officer I Technical Certificate of Credit program is conducted in cooperation with the Georgia Fire Academy and Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training to ensure graduates have the skills, knowledge and credentials to serve as firefighters in paid and volunteer fire departments. Graduates will be tested and certified at the National Professional Qualifications level. Program graduates receive a Fire Officer I Technical Certificate of Credit. Students should be graduates of the Basic Company Officer Technical Certificate of Credit before enrolling in this program.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
- Students should be graduates of the Basic Company Officer Technical Certificate of Credit before enrolling in this program.
|FRSC 1110 Fire Administration Supervision and Leadership||3|
|FRSC 1132 Fire Service Instructor||4|
|FRSC 1141 Hazardous Materials Operations||4|
|FRSC 2120 Fire Protection Systems||3|
- Professional Services
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.