Course Catalog

Course Additions and Withdrawals

Adding Courses/Creating a New Schedule

Students may add open courses through their myBanWeb account during the first five instructional days of the term. Students who need to be added to an open course beyond the fifth instructional day will need to work with their One-Stop Enrollment and Success Advisor to receive approval from the Dean of Academic Affairs for that area. New and returning students who create a new schedule during the late registration period (generally starting the day after the end of the previous term) may be subject to a late fee penalty. See the WGTC Calendar for specific dates. Students adding courses to an existing schedule during the late registration period will not be charged a late fee.

Dropping a Course or Courses – First Three Instructional Days of Term

Students may drop courses through their myBanWeb account during the first three instructional days of the term with no financial or academic penalty; however, any amount charged in the bookstore against HOPE or Pell will be owed back to the college. Students who drop courses during this period and have paid tuition and fees out-of-pocket are eligible for 100% reimbursement less non-refundable fees. Please check the WGTC Calendar for refund dates.

Any student who has not arranged payment for courses through personal means, financial aid, or the NelNet Payment Plan Option (please see the ‘NelNet Payment Plan Option’ section of the catalog for more information) will be dropped from all courses in accordance with the posted payment deadline for each semester. Students should check their myBanWeb account and the WGTC website for specific dates and more information.

Drop/Withdrawal Procedures

Students enrolling in college courses assume the financial and academic responsibility to properly withdraw from courses if they decide not to complete them. They have the privilege of dropping a course during the first three instructional days of each semester through their myBanWeb account, without the drop becoming part of their permanent academic record and without it affecting their financial aid. However, any amount charged against Pell or HOPE in the bookstore will be owed back to the college.

Students who withdraw from a class from the fourth instructional day of the term through 60% of the term, will receive a grade of W. For students who withdraw after the published withdrawal date (60% of the term), a grade of F will be assigned. The specific withdrawal deadline dates for each term are published on the Wiregrass Georgia Tech website page, under Academic Calendar, as well as on the students myBanWeb account. Students should be aware that withdrawals may result in a loss of financial aid and that failing to properly withdraw from a course will result in receiving a failing grade (F) for that course. F grades, and/or failure to complete the term, may cause a recalculation of financial aid and could result in a balance owed to Wiregrass.

Drop/Withdrawal Procedures

Students in non-attendance taking courses must withdraw from a course(s) using the Withdrawal Form located in their myBanWeb account. In the case of extenuating circumstances, someone other than the student can initiate a withdrawal. For more information about attendance taking and non-attendance taking courses, please see the Student Handbook and Catalog under Attendance Policy.

Withdrawal from Individual Courses

Students who request to withdraw from one or more courses, but plan to remain enrolled in other courses, must submit a Withdrawal Form through their myBanWeb account, listing the courses they wish to withdraw from. Before withdrawing, students should speak with their instructor and/or the One-Stop Enrollment and Success Center staff to receive needed guidance or seek any resources prior to submitting the withdrawal form. Also, students should check with the Financial Aid Office for clarification on how a partial withdrawal may affect your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).

Complete Withdrawal from School

Wiregrass Georgia Tech realizes that sometimes students have no alternative but to leave school for legitimate reasons. Students wanting to totally withdraw should initiate the process by completing the form through their BanWeb account.

Below are the steps you should follow for an official withdrawal:

  1. Speak with your One-Stop Advisor.
  2. Meet with the Financial Aid Office to see how the withdrawal will affect your current and future financial aid awards.
  3. Students receiving Veterans Tuition Assistance should speak with a Veterans Services representative about withdrawing and possibly owing a balance.

If you still feel the need to withdraw from school completely, submit a Withdrawal Form from your myBanWeb account.

Unofficial and Midpoint Withdrawal Policy

Students who stop attending a course(s) and do not earn their full financial aid award, are subject to being unofficially withdrawn. The last date of activity will determine whether or not a student has earned their aid and if their aid should be recalculated. Pell recalculations can result in the student owing a balance due to not earning the aid that was awarded. This includes students that earn a final grade of F and did not complete the course.

Pre/Co-Requisite Errors and Withdrawing From Courses

Students withdrawing from courses may be subject to having other courses removed from his/her schedule. If the courses from which the student is withdrawing is a pre/co-requisite to another course on the student’s schedule, the student will be withdrawn from the other course at the same time.

Military Withdrawals - National Emergencies

In the event of a military emergency, whereby a student who in the Armed Services, the National Guard or an Armed Forces reserve is activated or otherwise called to duty and as a result may no longer attend class(es), Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is authorized to allow the student to elect one of the following options. Documentation of such military
service must be provided to the Office of the Registrar from an appropriate military official.

  • The student may choose to withdraw from WGTC for the semester. With this option, the student’s record will reflect no enrollment for the semester. No grades of any type will appear on the student’s transcript, and all tuition and fees shall be refunded excluding the application fee. Title IV funds shall be returned in accordance with federal regulations.
  • The student may choose to receive appropriate letter grade(s) and receive any applicable refunds. With this option, courses will be calculated as attempted courses for HOPE purposes.