Accounting - AC12 Diploma
Program Description: The Accounting Diploma program is a sequence of courses that prepares students for a variety of entry-level positions in accounting in today's technology-driven workplaces. Learning opportunities develop academic, technical, and professional knowledge and skills required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. Program graduates receive an Accounting Diploma.
Some assignments require students to attend face to face sessions.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|General Core Courses||8|
|ENGL 1010 Fundamentals of English I||3|
|Choose One of the Following (3 Hours)||3|
|MATH 1011 Business Mathematics||3|
|MATH 1012 Foundations of Mathematics||3|
|Choose One of the Following (2 Hours)||2|
|EMPL 1000 Interpersonal Relations & Professional Development||2|
|PSYC 1010 Basic Psychology||3|
|BUSN 1440 Document Production||4|
|ACCT 1100 Financial Accounting I||4|
|ACCT 1105 Financial Accounting II||4|
|ACCT 1115 Computerized Accounting||3|
|ACCT 1120 Spreadsheet Applications||4|
|ACCT 1125 Individual Tax Accounting||3|
|ACCT 1130 Payroll Accounting||3|
|COMP 2000 Intro. to Technology and Computer Application||3|
|XXXX xxxx Occupational Elective||3|
|XXXX xxxx Accounting Elective||3|
Faculty & Staff
- Business Education
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.