Advanced Criminal Justice Specialist - AF71 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Advanced Criminal Justice Specialist technical certificate of credit is a sequence of courses that prepares students for entry level positions within the Criminal Justice field. This technical certificate will allow area high school students to complete the remaining two courses within the Criminal Justice Pathway. Learning opportunities develop academic, occupational, and professional knowledge and skills required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The program emphasizes a combination of Criminal Justice theory and practical application which also includes theory and applications pertaining to crime scene investigations.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|CRJU 1010 Introduction to Criminal Justice||3|
|CRJU 1030 Corrections||3|
|CRJU 1040 Principles of Law Enforcement||3|
|CRJU 1062 Methods of Criminal Investigation||3|
|CRJU 1068 Criminal Law for Criminal Justice||3|
|CRJU 1072 Introduction to Forensic Science||3|
|CRJU 2020 Constitutional Law for Criminal Justice||3|
- Professional Services
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason, a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.