Barbering for Cosmetologists - BF21 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Barbering for Cosmetologist Technical Certificate allows the student who holds a current Master Cosmetology license to receive additional training that will qualify the student to take the examination for Barbering.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
Additional Program Requirements:
- Must hold a current Cosmetology license issued by the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology.
- Both the Day and Night programs begin each Fall and Spring semester on the Valdosta campus.
|BARB 1000 Introduction to Barber/Styling Implements||3|
|BARB 1010 Sterilization, Sanitation, and Bacteriology||3|
|BARB 1022 Haircutting and Shampooing I||3|
|BARB 1024 Haircutting and Shampooing II||3|
|BARB 1030 Haircutting/Basic Styling||3|
|BARB 1040 Shaving||3|
|BARB 1100 Barber/Styling Practicum and Internship||3|
- Professional Services
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.