Emergency Medical Technician - EMJ1 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: We are no longer accepting students into this program.
The Emergency Medical Technician certificate program prepares students to provide basic emergency medical care and transportation for critical and emergent patients who access the emergency medical system. This individual possesses the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care and transportation. Emergency Medical Technicians function as part of a comprehensive EMS response, under medical oversight. Emergency Medical Technicians perform interventions with the basic equipment typically found on an ambulance. The Emergency Medical Technician is a link from the scene to the emergency health care system. Successful completion of the program allows the graduate to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians EMT certification examination and apply for Georgia licensure as an EMT. This technical certificate of credit replaces the previous EMB1 "Emergency Medical Technician (Basic)" technical certificate of credit. Criminal background checks and drug screens may be required based on the requirements for participation in clinical experiences.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|EMSP 1110 Introduction to the EMT Profession||3|
|EMSP 1120 EMT Assessment/Airway Management & Pharmacology||3|
|EMSP 1130 Medical Emergencies for the EMT||3|
|EMSP 1140 Special Patient Populations||3|
|EMSP 1150 Shock & Trauma for the EMT||3|
|EMSP 1160 Clinical & Practical Applications for the EMT||1|
- Allied Health
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.