GaTAPP Early Childhood Education Precertification - GEC1 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The GaTAPP Early Childhood Education Precertification Technical Certificate of Credit is a sequence of eight courses designed to prepare students with existing teaching certificates in other fields to bridge into the GaTAPP program and gain certification to teach in the field of early childhood education. This technical certificate will allow area Occupational, Middle Grades, and Secondary teachers to complete the necessary courses in Early Childhood Care and Education to enter the GaTAPP program for alternative teacher certification and will enable them to gain an additional teaching certification in the field of Early Childhood Education. The program emphasizes fundamental elements of educating children, child development, curriculum and assessment as well specific methodologies in the areas of Health, Math, Science, Language, Literacy, Classroom Strategies, and Social and Family Connections.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 165 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|ECCE 1101 Introduction to Early Childhood Care and Education||3|
|ECCE 1103 Child Growth and Development||3|
|ECCE 1105 Health, Safety and Nutrition||3|
|ECCE 1112 Curriculum and Assessment||3|
|ECCE 2202 Social Issues and Family Involvement||3|
|ECCE 2203 Guidance and Classroom Management||3|
|ECCE 2115 Language and Literacy||3|
|ECCE 2116 Math and Science||3|
Faculty & Staff
- Professional Services
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason, a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.