Technical Studies - TS23 Degree
Program Description: The Technical Studies Associate Degree program is designed to prepare students for employment in a variety of positions in today's technical industry fields. This program offers students learning opportunities that develop higher level academic skills required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. It is specifically open to students who have already completed another approved technical or industrial program of study. The program emphasizes a continuation of technical studies theory and practical applications necessary for successful employment. Program graduates receive an Associate of Applied Science degree in Technical Studies and will be qualified for employment as technicians.
Ben Hill Irwin
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 165 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
Additional Program Requirements:
- Successful completion of a Technical and Industrial degree or diploma is required to enroll in the Associate of Applied Science in Technical Studies.
|General Core Courses||15|
|Area I - Language Arts/Communication||3|
|ENGL 1101 Composition and Rhetoric||3|
|Area II - Social/Behavior Science - Complete 3 Hours||3|
|Area III - Natural Sciences/Mathematics - Complete 3 Hours||3|
|MATH 1100 Quantitative Skills and Reasoning||3|
|MATH 1101 Mathematic Modeling||3|
|MATH 1111 College Algebra||3|
|Area IV - Humanities/Fine Arts - Complete 3 Hours||3|
|General Education Core Elective - Complete 3 Hours||3|
|Occupational Course Cluster - Complete 45 Hours in a Technical and Industrial field of study||45|
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason, a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.