Automotive Climate Control Technician - AH21 Technical Certificate of Credit
The Automotive Climate Control Technician certificate program provides students with skills for entering the automotive service industry as an entry level climate control technician. Topics covered include: basic shop safety, electrical/electronic theory and diagnosis, and the theory, operation, diagnosis and servicing of automotive climate control systems.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
This program is a HOPE Career Grant eligible program for students who are HOPE Grant eligible. The Career Grant award is a fixed amount per semester based on the number of credit hours taken. Maximum award per term is $500.
|AUTT 1010Introduction to Automotive Technology
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 1 Lab 2 - 2 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-Requisites: None Co-Requisite: None Introduces basic concepts and practices necessary for safe and effective automotive shop operations. Topics include: safety procedures; legal/ethical responsibilities; general service; hand tools; shop organization, management, and work flow systems.
|AUTT 1020Automotive Electrical Systems
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 2 Lab 2 - 2 Lab 3 - 12 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): AUTT 1010 This course introduces automotive electrical systems emphasizing the basic operating principles, diagnosis, and service/repair of batteries, starting systems, charging systems, lighting systems, instrument cluster and driver information systems, and body electrical systems.
|AUTT 1060Automotive Climate Control Systems
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 3.5 Lab 2 - 2 Lab 3 - 2 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): AUTT 1020 Introduces the theory and operation of automotive heating and air conditioning systems. Students attain proficiency in inspection, testing, service, and repair of heating and air conditioning systems and related components. Topics include: a/c system diagnosis and repair; refrigeration system component diagnosis and repair; heating, ventilation, and engine cooling systems diagnosis and repair; operating systems and related controls diagnosis and repair; refrigerant recovery, recycling, and handling.
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.