Basic Mechatronics Technician - BM51 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Basic Mechatronics Technician certificate program is designed to provide students with entry level understanding and skills to perform duties on Mechatronic equipment. The skills include an introduction to DC and AC Circuits, Pneumatic Systems, Industrial Controls and PLCs. Students will receive both lecture/instructor led curriculum along with practical hands-on sessions. Students will obtain knowledge which will provide an understanding of the basic technologies used in industry to achieve automated processes.
*This program is generally reserved for local area high schools only.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 165 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|MCTX 1011 Basic Mechatronics Fundamentals Level I||3|
|MCTX 1012 Basic Mechatronics Fundamentals Level II||3|
|MCTX 1013 Basic Mechatronics Fundamentals Level III||3|
|MCTX 1014 Basic Mechatronics Fundamentals IV||3|
Technical & Industrial
- Mechatronics Specialist - AM11
- Basic Mechatronics Technician - BM51
- Electrical Maintenance Technician - EM81
- Electrical Systems Technology - ES12 (NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW STUDENTS EFFECTIVE SPRING 2019)
- Electrical Technician - ET51
- Industrial Systems Technology - IST4
- Basic Mechatronics Specialist- MS41
- Mechatronics Technology - MT23 (Effective Spring 2019)
- Basic Electricity Technician - BE31
- Industrial Electrician - IE41
- Industrial Electrical Assistant - IE21
- Commercial Electrical Construction Technology - CEC2
- Commercial Electrical Construction Technology - CEC3
- Industrial/Electrical Systems
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason, a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.