Industrial Fluid Power Technician - IF11 Technical Certificate of Credit
The Industrial Fluid Power Technician certificate program prepares students to inspect, maintain, service, and repair industrial mechanical systems, fluid power systems, and pumps and piping systems. Topics include safety procedures, mechanics, fluid power, and pumps and piping system maintenance.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
This program is a HOPE Career Grant eligible program for students who are HOPE Grant eligible. The Career Grant award is a fixed amount per semester based on the number of credit hours taken. Maximum award per term is $500.
|IDSY 1170Industrial Mechanics
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 1 Lab 2 - 4 Lab 3 - 3 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None This course introduces and emphasizes the basic skill necessary for mechanical maintenance personnel. Instruction is also provided in the basic physics concepts applicable to the mechanics of industrial production equipment, and the application of mechanical principles with additional emphasis on power transmission and specific mechanical components.
|IDSY 1190Fluid Power Systems
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 2 Lab 2 - 2 Lab 3 - 3 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None This course provides instruction in the fundamentals of safely operating hydraulic, pneumatic, and pump and piping systems. Theory and practical application concepts are discussed. Topics include hydraulic system principles and components, pneumatic system principles and components, and the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of pump and piping systems.
|IDSY 1195Pumps and Piping Systems
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 1 Lab 2 - 4 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): Program Admission Co-requisite(s): None This course provides instruction in the fundamentals concepts of industrial pumps and piping systems. Topics include: pump identification, pump operation, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting, piping systems and installation of piping systems.
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.