Graphic Design Assistant, TCC (GDA1) Technical Certificate of Credit
Purpose: The Graphic Design Assistant TCC prepares students with basic design and media production skills, including those in vector graphics and raster imaging.
Curriculum: This TCC provides students training using industry-standard graphic design software for vector art creation and raster image modification.
Careers: Entry-Level Graphic Designer
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
This program is a HOPE Career Grant eligible program for students who are HOPE Grant eligible. The Career Grant award is a fixed amount per semester based on the number of credit hours taken. Maximum award per term is $500.
|DMPT 1000Introduction to Design
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 2 Lab 2 - 4 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None Introduces students to the fundamentals of design concepts, including design, composition and layout, color theory and typography.
|DMPT 1005Vector Graphics
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 2 Lab 2 - 4 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None This course is an introduction to the creation of vector imagery. Students will learn to draw illustrations, transform objects, work with layers, patterns, brushes, and filters, use effects and create graphics for the various applications. The focus will be on learning the essential tools, basic operation and commands used in the creation of vector graphics used in different media fields.
|DMPT 1010Raster Imaging
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 2 Lab 2 - 4 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None In the Raster Imaging course, the student becomes acquainted with the concepts and software related raster image manipulation. The student is introduced to the workspace and tools used in an image editing software and will learn basic image editing techniques.
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.