Low Voltage Electronic Safety and Security Technician - LVE1 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: Systems technicians in a security company are responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repairs of security systems, life-safety systems, networked video surveillance, access control systems, and other related equipment. Abilities that make a great system technician include handiness, critical thinking, complex problem solving, and good communication skills.
Ben Hill Irwin
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 165 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|ELCR 1003 Introduction to Electrical and Electronics Theory||3|
|TELE 2020 Communication Cabling Installation||4|
|TELE 1160 Fiber Optics Transmission Systems||4|
|ELCR 2190 Networking I||3|
|ELCR 2660 Security System Installation and Testing||4|
|ELCR 2680 Access Control and CCTV Installation||2|
- Technical & Industrial
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason, a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.