Advanced Child Development Specialist - AE71 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Advanced Child Development Specialist Technical Certificate of Credit is a sequence of seven courses designed to prepare students for a variety of careers in the field of early childhood education. This technical certificate will allow area high school students to complete the third course in the Early Childhood Care and Education Pathway. The program also emphasizes brain development, integrating appropriate technology, early learning, and parenting and child guidance trends. Graduates will be able to enter the Early Childhood field, such as child care centers and Head Start, and will have a competitive edge when entering post-secondary institutions to continue their education.
Ben Hill Irwin
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|ECCE 1101 Introduction to Early Childhood Care and Education||3|
|ECCE 1103 Child Growth and Development||3|
|ECCE 1105 Health, Safety and Nutrition||3|
|ECCE 1112 Curriculum and Assessment||3|
|ECCE 2202 Social Issues and Family Involvement||3|
|ECCE 2203 Guidance and Classroom Management||3|
|Choose One of the Following (2 Hours)||2|
|ECCE 1121 Early Childhood Care and Education Practicum||3|
|EMPL 1000 Interpersonal Relations & Professional Development||2|
- Early Childhood Education
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.