Child Development Specialist - CD61 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Early Childhood Care and Education Child Development Specialist TCC is a sequence of five courses designed to prepare students for a variety of careers in the field of early childhood education. The program emphasizes the basics needed for a career in early childhood, but this TCC also includes more content about planning curriculum and working in the field. In addition, the student may complete a practicum and work in a child care program. Graduates have qualifications to be employed in early care and education settings including child care centers and Head Start.
** Some assignments may require students to attend face-to-face sessions.
Ben Hill Irwin
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
- A satisfactory criminal background check must be completed prior to entering the Early Childhood Care and Education practicum. A felony conviction could prevent employment in the Early Childhood Care and Education field.
|ECCE 1101 Introduction to Early Childhood Care and Education||3|
|ECCE 1103 Child Growth and Development||3|
|ECCE 1105 Health, Safety and Nutrition||3|
|ECCE 1112 Curriculum and Assessment||3|
|Occupational Elective - Choose One of the Following (3 Hours)||2|
|EMPL 1000 Interpersonal Relations & Professional Development||2|
|ECCE 1121 Early Childhood Care and Education Practicum||3|
Faculty & Staff
- Early Childhood Education
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.