CNC Specialist - CS51 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The CNC Specialist Technical Certificate of Credit program provides training for graduates to gain employment as CNC machine tool technicians. Topics include CNC Fundamentals, mill and lathe manual programming, CNC practical applications, and CAD/CAM programming. The program emphasizes a combination of CNC theory and practical application necessary for successful employment.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
Additional Program Requirements:
- Students applying for the CNC Specialist TCC must be a graduate of the Machine Tool Technology Diploma or Degree program OR must have three to five years experience at the machinist level.
|AMCA 2110 CNC Fundamentals||4|
|AMCA 2130 CNC Mill Manual Programming||5|
|AMCA 2150 CNC Lathe Manual Programming||5|
|AMCA 2170 CNC Practical Applications||4|
|AMCA 2190 CAD/CAM Programming||4|
Faculty & Staff
- Technical & Industrial
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.