Precision Machining & Manufacturing (Previously Machine Tool Technology) - MTT2 Diploma
Program Description: The Machine Tool Technology Diploma program is a sequence of courses that prepares students for careers in the machine tool technology field. Learning opportunities develop academic, technical, and professional knowledge and skills required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The program emphasizes a combination of machine tool theory and practical application necessary for successful employment. Program graduates receive a Machine Tool Technology Diploma and have the qualification of a machine tool technician.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
- This program begins each semester on the Valdosta campus.
- Upon graduation from this diploma, students can apply the occupational courses to the Associate of Applied Science in Technical Studies degree.
|General Core Courses||8|
|ENGL 1010 Fundamentals of English I||3|
|MATH 1012 Foundations of Mathematics||3|
|EMPL 1000 Interpersonal Relations & Professional Development||2|
|MCHT 1011 Introduction to Machine Tool||4|
|MCHT 1012 Blueprint for Machine Tool||3|
|MCHT 1020 Heat Treatment and Surface Grinding||4|
|MCHT 1119 Lathe Operations I||4|
|MCHT 1120 Mill Operations I||4|
|MCHT 1219 Lathe Operations II||4|
|MCHT 1220 Mill Operations II||4|
|AMCA 2110 CNC Fundamentals||4|
|XXXX xxxx Occupational Elective (6 Hours)||6|
|Choose One of the Following Math Options (3 - 6 Hours)||3|
|MCHT 1013 Machine Tool Math||3|
|OR Complete Both of the Following (6 Hours)||6|
|MATH 1013 Algebraic Concepts||3|
|MATH 1015 Geometry and Trigonometry||3|
Faculty & Staff
- Technical & Industrial
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.